The Brentwood Art Trail forms part of the successful countywide Essex Summer of Art programme, a cultural tourism project involving dozens of arts events taking place throughout Essex.
The 11th annual Brentwood Art Trail will run from 8 to 23 June 2019.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2019
Terms & Conditions
- The 2019 Brentwood Art Trail Co-ordinator will decide which artist will benefit which venue. Any decision will be made on availability of space and is non-negotiable. Please note that effects of sunlight etc. will be considered. Preference will be given to artists who are residents in the Borough of Brentwood.
- In the event of too many artists and not enough venues, the Brentwood Art Trail Co–ordinator will choose a limited amount of work for each artist. It may not be possible for us to include everyone’s work, although we will endeavour to do our best to accommodate everyone.
- The artist, when assigned a venue, will make their own arrangements with the venue for the hanging and displaying of their work. Please bear in mind that any venue you will be placed with has very kindly agreed to support the Brentwood Art Trail and provide a free display area for the duration of 8-23 June 2019. Under these circumstances, the final decision rests with the venue where the artwork is displayed and not the artist. Though in the unlikely event of any area being deemed totally unsuitable, then you may contact the Brentwood Art Trail Co-ordinator, who will endeavour to resolve it.
- YOU MUST TELL US IF YOU HAVE ACCESSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OR ANY NEEDS THAT PREVENT YOU FROM ARRANGING THE DISPLAY OF YOUR WORK.
- All artwork submitted must be suitable for general public viewing and must not contain any pornographic, obscene or offensive images. Any work that is deemed unsuitable will not be accepted. The Brentwood Art Trail Co-ordinator’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Most of the venues participating are open to the general public. It is recommended that you take out separate insurance cover if you are concerned over any possible damage or loss to your work. Whilst most venues will take care of any work they are exhibiting for you, no responsibility will be taken by Essex County Council, Brentwood Borough Council or any of its employees or partners.
- At the end of the Brentwood Art Trail, you will be expected to remove any unsold artwork as soon as possible (by 25 June at the very latest). Failure to do so will result in the artwork being disposed of and any fees incurred by the venues will be passed to you directly.