If you complete our artist application form you will be agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below.
- The Brentwood Art Trail 2020 Project Manager will decide which artist will benefit which venue. Any decision will be made on the availability of space and is non-negotiable. Please note that effects of sunlight etc. will be considered. Preference will be given to artists who are residents in the Borough of Brentwood.
- In the event of too many artists and not enough venues, the Brentwood Art Trail Project Manager will choose a limited amount of work for each artist. It may not be possible for us to include all work, although we will endeavour to do our best to accommodate everyone.
- The artist, when given a contact for a venue, will make their own arrangements with the venue for the hanging and displaying of their work and will provide all equipment (such as hooks, easels etc.) to facilitate this. Please bear in mind that any venue you will be placed with has very kindly agreed to support the Art Trail and provide a free display area for the duration of 13-28 June 2020. Under these circumstances, the final decision rests with the venue where and how the artwork is displayed and not the artist. Though in the unlikely event of any area being deemed totally unsuitable, you may contact the Brentwood Art Trail Project Manager, who will endeavour to resolve it.
- YOU MUST TELL US IF YOU HAVE ACCESSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OR ANY NEEDS THAT PREVENT YOU FROM ARRANGING THE DISPLAY OF YOUR WORK.
- All artwork submitted must be suitable for general public viewing and must not contain any pornographic, obscene or offensive images. Any work that is deemed unsuitable will not be accepted. The Brentwood Art Trail Project Manager’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Most of the venues participating are open to the general public. It is recommended that you take out separate insurance cover if you are concerned over any possible damage or loss to your work. Whilst most venues will take care of any work they are exhibiting for you, no responsibility will be taken by Essex County Council, Brentwood Borough Council, Brentwood Business Partnership or any of its employees or partners.
- Any artwork for which a sale is agreed during the Brentwood Art Trail 2020 must remain at the venue until the Art Trail ends on 28th June. If your buyer wishes to collect the artwork sooner, you must seek prior permission from the Brentwood Art Trail Project Manager.
- At the end of the Art Trail, you will be expected to remove your artwork as soon as possible (by 4th July at the very latest). Failure to do so may result in the artwork being disposed of and any fees incurred by the venues will be passed to you directly.